Monday, January 11, 2016

Garden Journaling and Planning: Free Journal Page Printables

https://www.dropbox.com/s/755hqbpajnd1icq/Free%20Printable%20Garden%20Planning%20Journal%20Worksheets.pdf?dl=0

One of my quasi-resolutions for the new year to to get things more organised in my life, home, and blogs now that I can finally see the light at the end of the moving/renovating tunnel (this time around at least!).  I have been busy working on the garden since we moved, but never started a new garden journal and my haphazard collection of notes, photos, packets, tags, and other paraphenalia is spread all over the place - it's time to change my lazy ways! You can use software/apps or buy a ready-made garden journal, but my preference is a simple binder.  Call me old fashioned, but I like to have a hardcopy home for notes, sketches, and somewhere to put little tidbits like packets, labels, garden calendars, and guides, supplemented with my mobile phone photos and perhaps a few handy apps (still experimenting with the latter). Using a binder means that I can supplement my notes pages with other pages and items with a simple holepunch or sleeve.  What to include in your journal really depends on your preferences and aspirations for your garden. It can be as simple as some sketches and notes on what you are growing and where or as comprehensive as a full journal of your landscape plans, plantings, harvests, weather, pests, soil, and more along. Keep it fun and interesting, and you're more likely to keep it up in the long term.

Since I was making some page layout for my new journal, I decided to fancy them up a little and add a few extras so that I could share a copy here as a free printable PDF garden journal worksheet download for anyone interested in starting or updating their own garden journalThe printables are free for your personal use as a little present from us to you.  It's absolutely not required, but it would be awesome and greatly appreciated if you followed the blog via Bloglovin' and/or joined us social media, if you're not already following the fun.  We welcome social media shares and linking with love, but please link to this post, not the download direct. Thanks! :)

Access and download the full collection here.

Note: These printables have been uploaded for sharing via Dropbox as a consolidated PDF file. Simply click the link above to view and download. They are A4 (our local paper default), so simply fit to page if you are using a different size, such as standard letter.  Only print what you want to use and remember to recycle when you're finished, unless you are keeping garden archives of course. Enjoy!

Since folks like to plan and journal to different degrees of detail, there are a variety of options and formats for you to mix and match at your pleasure and kept things flexible as many of our readers are in the opposite hemisphere.  The collection includes:
  • Cover/Title Page (Two Formats)
  • Year at a Glance Summary (Two Formats)
  • Seasonal Garden Planner Page (Four Seasons)
  • Monthly Garden Planner Page (Two Formats)
  • General Use Garden Planner Page (Two Formats) 
  • Plant Information Sheet (Five Formats)
  • Garden Suppliers Sheet 
  • General Use Garden Notes (Two Formats)
  • General Use Garden Layout/Sketch Sheet
  • General Use Garden Worksheet 
  • General Use Garden Wishlist
  • Garden Notes: Pests & Disease
  • Garden Notes: Insects & Birds
  • Garden Notes: Soil Condition
  • Garden Notes: Pests & Disease 
  • General Use Annual Notes Worksheet 

Wish that something was added to the coordinating garden journal printable pack?  Leave me a comment and I will see what I can do. :) Don't be shy - if you want it, there are probably others who do as well (see update note below), and I might find it handy for my own journal binder too!  Need a new binder to get started with your custom journal or prefer to buy something completely prefab? Perhaps a special gift for a fellow gardener? Check out the ideas below (and more) at Amazon:

Update:  We've released an expansion pack of extras to compliment the main freebie planner pack response to your suggestions and ideas (thank you!) and my own use over the past year.  We've also created a collection of kid-friendly garden journal activity sheets The expansion pack is made to supplement the options in this set of freebies, and includes:
  • Garden Planner Monthly Calendar
  • General Use Garden Layout/Sketch Sheet with Grid 
  • Garden Records for Growing from Seed (Two Formats)
  • Garden Records for Growing from Cuttings (Two Formats)
  • Garden Records for Growing from Seedlings (Two Formats)
  • Plant Information Sheet (Long Term Growth/Harvest Tracker)
  • Garden Finance/Expense Table (For User Customisation) 

Access the expansion pack additions via this post
Access the children's journal and activity sheet printables via this post.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pretty printables. I don't like being bound to a set schedule and appreciate having lots of options. My current garden journal approach is jotting down notes on a clipboard in my potting shed or around the garden so that I can remember what I have growing where but I like the idea of putting a seasonal reminder list on the wall and might try using those pages too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A clipboard is a great idea for sketching and taking notes in the garden! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment and you are very welcome for the printables.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I have always struggled with the format of keeping a garden diary. Usually I end up making it too much work and I don't look forward to filling it in. This looks like a great way to summarise information so you can find it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! :) BTW I love the look of your blog! Will definitely be exploring your posts. :)

      Delete

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to leave us a comment - we read each and every one. We appreciate you taking the time to say hello and share your thoughts.