Love our free mix-and-match Garden Journal Printables? Here is a little expansion pack with coordinating extras to compliment the main freebie planner pack response to your suggestions and ideas (thank you!) and my own use over the past year. We've also created a collection of kid-friendly garden journal activity sheets that we'll be sharing in our next post. The expansion pack is made to supplement the options in our existing set of freebies, and includes:
- Garden Planner Monthly Calendar
- General Use Garden Layout/Sketch Sheet with Grid
- Garden Records for Growing from Seed (Two Formats)
- Garden Records for Growing from Cuttings (Two Formats)
- Garden Records for Growing from Seedlings (Two Formats)
- Plant Information Sheet (Long Term Growth/Harvest Tracker)
- Garden Finance/Expense Table (For User Customisation)
Access and download the expansion pack here.
Note: These printables have been uploaded for sharing via Dropbox as a consolidated PDF file. Simply click the link above to view and download. They are A4 (our local paper default), so simply fit to page if you are using a different size, such as standard letter. Only print what you want to use and remember to recycle when you're finished, unless you are keeping garden archives of course. Enjoy!
The printables are free for your personal use as a little present from us to you. It's absolutely not required, but it would be awesome and greatly appreciated if you followed the blog via Bloglovin' and/or joined us social media, if you're not already following the fun. We welcome social media shares and linking with love, but please link to this post, not the download direct. Thanks! :)
Since folks like to plan and journal to different degrees of detail, there are a variety of options and formats for you in our journal printables to mix-and-match at your pleasure for all levels of journalling as well as to keep things flexible as many of our readers are in the opposite hemisphere. The original free printable journal set includes the following:
- Cover/Title Page (Two Formats)
- Year at a Glance Summary (Two Formats)
- Seasonal Garden Planner Page (Four Seasons)
- Monthly Garden Planner Page (Two Formats)
- General Use Garden Planner Page (Two Formats)
- Plant Information Sheet (Five Formats)
- Garden Suppliers Sheet
- General Use Garden Notes (Two Formats)
- General Use Garden Layout/Sketch Sheet
- General Use Garden Worksheet
- General Use Garden Wishlist
- Garden Notes: Pests & Disease
- Garden Notes: Insects & Birds
- Garden Notes: Soil Condition
- Garden Notes: Pests & Disease
- General Use Annual Notes Worksheet
Access the original printable journal set via this post.
What to include in your journal really depends on your preferences and aspirations for your garden. It can be as simple as some sketches and notes on what you are growing and where or as comprehensive as a full journal of your landscape plans, plantings, harvests, weather, pests, soil, and more along. Keep it fun and interesting, and you're more likely to keep it up in the long term. I'm a lazy journal keeper and definitely don't use everything in these packs! I just try to keep a very simple binder with basic notes on what I plan and like/dislike for better future garden planning and growing. It's a little hardcopy file of my notes, sketches, as well as somewhere to put little tidbits like packets, labels, garden calendars, and guides, supplemented with my mobile phone for photos. Using a binder means that I can add items with a simple holepunch or sleeve. Easy peasy!
Wish that something was added to the coordinating garden journal printable pack? Leave me a comment and I will see what I can do. :) Don't be shy - if you want it, there are probably others who do as well, and I might find it handy for my own journal binder too! Need a new binder to get started with your custom journal or prefer to buy something completely prefab? Perhaps a special gift for a fellow gardener? Check out the ideas below (and more) at Amazon: