Friday, April 7, 2017

This Week in the Garden: Soggy and Stormy Days



There's been a whole lot of nothing happening in our garden this week, thanks to the soggy windy weather brought across the Tasman by former Cyclone Debbie. We're a-ok here - just a little soggy and wind battered after a week of wild weather.  I took advantage of my extra indoor time to finally overhaul and consolidate my garden planning printables, and have added them here to the blog so that you can have a copy as well if you'd like.  There are four different colour schemes to choose from and 25 pages in each that you can use as many or as few of as you'd like to create your own custom garden journal. Details and downloads are available here. I'll also be (slow time) doing a little maintenance here on the blog so apologies if things look a little wonky from time to time or if anything goes missing in action. :) What's happening in and around your garden this week?  Whatever your garden/green news, we would love to hear about it. Please leave a comment or post us a message on the GiRL Facebook page I look forward to sharing our garden with you as it grows.



2 comments:

  1. Here, after the rain that Cyclone Debbie brought, I have started planting out Autumn veg. Tiny seedlings of perpetual spinach, silverbeet and Tuscan kale are now in. I also divided some clumping leeks. I replanted some and gave some away to a friend for her garden. This Autumn weather is lovely! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh...sounds like it will be deliscious around your place over the next few months! :) I have sown autumn carrots, coriander (my fav fresh from the garden!), and a few other odds and ends, but still have chilis and capsicum that I have been trying to fatten up for harvest hogging space in my veggie beds. I'll have to yield to futility and clear them out soon. We had beautiful weather over the weekend, so I managed to get some garden clean-up in and more on the to-do list today.

      Delete

Thanks ever so much for leaving us a comment! We read every one and appreciate you taking the time to say hello and share your thoughts.